PeaceJam is hiring a Europe regional coordinator!
The PeaceJam Foundation is a global non-profit organization whose mission is to create a new generation of young leaders committed to positive change in themselves, their communities and the world through the inspiration of 14 Nobel Peace Prize Winners. Since its inception in 1996, more than 1.3 million youth have participated in PeaceJam programming in over 41 countries.
The PeaceJam Compassion in Action Curriculum was created to combat Europe’s challenges with extremism, division, radicalization and exclusion. This curriculum realizes the vision of the EU’s Paris Declaration social inclusion transformation vision, by inspiring young people and changing the context of the communities and schools where young people live and work.
We are seeking a program coordinator for PeaceJam Europe who will help us on a contract basis to achieve our goal of reaching the most diverse and at risk pupils by working with teachers in communities across the EU who pilot, evaluate, and adapt PeaceJam’s proven curriculum for creating inclusive communities.
Desired Start date: Summer 2019
Hours: anticipated 32 hours per week
Compensation: 2 year paid contract
Summary of Contract Project:
• Coordinate PeaceJam across Europe, including serving as pan-European team administrator, providing program support, and commuting with country leads
• Manage PeaceJam Europe budget and accounting processes
• Manage communications for European affiliates and PeaceJam Europe, including social media and newsletters to stakeholders and website upkeep
• Conduct evaluation of PeaceJam Europe programming and conferences
• Conduct teacher trainings and “train the trainers” throughout Europe
• Develop a well-research safeguarding policy for PeaceJam Europe, including a training and implementation plan
• Minimum 2-3 years experience in program or non-profit management
• Strong communication skills, with ability to promote a collaborative and productive atmosphere with a fully dispersed regional team
• Experience in education, training, and/or facilitation, especially with youth
• Background in peace education, and/or enthusiasm to promote peacebuilding and conflict resolution skills • Intercultural awareness and skills to navigate various country settings
• Technical proficiency in social media and outreach including drafting newsletters
• Experience with research and ability to draft well-informed policies and guidelines
• Ability to work in independent settings with minimal oversight
• English speaking is a must, French speaking a plus
• Reports to Director of Programs and works alongside European grants manager in coordination with PeaceJam Europe steering committee
• Can be based in any major EU city, with travel required within Europe
• Funding for two years with potential for extension
• This is a contract position
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter, including 2 references.