Job Description: Director of Programmes for PeaceJam Belgium
The asbl/vzw “Education for Peace” is recruiting a full-time Coordinator for its programme “PeaceJam Belgium”, for a mission starting as soon as possible, until the end of February 2019, with a possibility of extension.
The Director of Programmes would ideally:
- have experience in event organisation and recruitment;
- have good language skills in English, French and Dutch;
- have management experience;
- have a good understanding of the Belgian education system;
- have computer skills in Word and Excel and is able to update a Website and Database;
- enjoy building networks.
Recruitment and registration coordinator for the PeaceJam February 2019 Youth Conference:
- Go through the various existing contact lists to email and call, visit if desirable and possible.
- Follow the recruitment of youth, youth leaders and teachers through 4 universities, schools and youth organisations.
- Make sure participants fill out the registration and release forms.
- Find new contacts for the same.
- Manage database(s): keep overview of contacts, their responses and add / update their information.
- Liaise with all partners’ efforts in recruiting.
Logistics assistant during the PeaceJam February 2019 Youth conference:
- Liaise with KU Leuven about logistic details (rooms, timing, food, etc). Join some of the onsite meetings. Work closely with the KU Leuven logistics coordinator.
- Coordinate the logistic volunteers during the event with regards to their work.
- Monthly reporting to the “Education for Peace” Board and the Piloting Committee of Education for Peace.
An extension of the mission after the Conference would imply for the Director of Programmes to coordinate the long-term implementation of the PeaceJam programme and strategy in Belgium, including the following aspects:
- Follow up with the Conference participants, including Mentors, Volunteers and Teachers, in close partnership with the University host of the Youth Conference and other partners.
- Assist the Fundraising and Public Relations Manager of PeaceJam Belgium in her fundraising efforts.
- Develop and implement a communication and recruitment strategy for the next PeaceJam events in Belgium (conference and slam), in collaboration with PeaceJam Belgium, PeaceJam Foundation (USA), the Universities and the European Peer Training Organisation coordinating the EU-funded PeaceJam Europe project.
HOW TO APPLY: