As the European Peer Training Organisation (EPTO), we decided to draft Guidelines for our members to generate more EmPAct, meaning European Massive Peer Education Actions. With this, we hope that youth groups and youth-serving organisations can find here enough practical information, clear procedures, tips, advice and motivation to engage in quality peer training with EPTO and to support young people in realizing their unique potential.
Objectives of EmPact:
- Reinforce the relationship and the cooperation between EPTO and its members
- Decentralise EPTO’s activities within the network
- Set-up a sustainable model of financing and implementing trainings, certification,...
- Support of the membership and development of new pedagogical programs
- Increase considerably the number of trainings offered in the network
- Increase the amount of peer trainers trained
- Increase the amount of opportunities for people that followed a peers to professional training to provide trainings
How does EmPact work ?
With the massive Peer Action Package EPTO is switching from a mainly “organiser” role to a mainly “support and resources centre”. The priority will become to make it easy, motivating and mutually beneficial for member organisations to organise a maximum of trainings and full training cycles as possible. With this Guide Book, EPTO provides the “how to” as well as personal support to the organisers.
What does it mean for a member organisation to become an organiser?
1) Decide with the EPTO office on the pedagogical programme that the member wants to offer as training
2) Find together partner organisations within and beyond the network
3) Write the funding application(s) for Erasmus+ grants and other funders based on the templates provided for the respective pedagogical programme
4) Finalize the budget and set the participation fee for participants according to the grants and budget needs
5) Manage the grant and the partnership
6) Book the venue for the training room and the accommodation of participants
7) Recruit and select participants – communicate with them about any logistical and other questions
8) Select together with the EPTO Office and Board a training team composed of an Apprentice Trainer and/or Junior Trainer and at least one Senior Trainer for the respective programme. A priority will be given to trainers coming from the organiser
9) Host the training and organise all the practicalities of it – cover it in terms of communications (photos, social media, quantitative and qualitative report)
10) Reimburse travel costs of participants
11) With the grant(s) & eventual participation fees received the organiser finances the travel costs, the accommodation and food and training pack (trainers and manuals, goodies and certification for every participant)
12) Take care of the grant report and reporting to EPTO
How will EPTO support the organisers?
1) Discuss with the organiser on the programme that the member wants to organise
2) Find together partner organisations within the network and beyond the network
3) Provide a template for writing the funding application(s) for Erasmus+ grants or others based on the for the respective pedagogical programme
4) Provide trainings, manuals and personal support for the grant application and management
5) Provide criteria for the venue for the training room and the accommodation of participants
6) Provide guidelines and criteria for recruitment and selection of participants including templates for communicating with participants about any logistical and other questions – support the recruitment process through EPTO’s communication channels
7) Select together with the organiser a training team composed of an Apprentice Trainer and/or Junior Trainer and at least one Senior Trainer for the respective programme.
8) Communicate about the event
9) Provide the training pack for the defined fees
10) Coach the trainers, especially Apprentice and Junior trainers
11) Provide the certification to the participants and to the trainers that are still in the process
12) Provide an internal section on the webpage to produce participant lists and certificates, eventually the whole application process